Truck Accident Lawyers Serving Torrance, CA
Truck Accident Lawyers Serving Torrance, CA
Getting in a truck accident can be terrifying. 18-wheelers can weigh up to 25 times more than a regular car on the road. Result from a truck accident are usually much more catastrophic and can have lasting effects on someone both emotionally and physically. If you have been in a truck accident, you may be able to seek compensation for your losses by bringing forward a claim. At Eldessouky Law, we have a skilled team of truck accident lawyers serving Torrance, California, who are ready to protect you from truck companies. Call our office at 714-409-8991 to schedule your free consultation.
What are the first steps I need to take after a truck accident?
If you find yourself involved in a truck accident, here are a few initial things you should do to ensure a stronger case against the defendants:
- Stop and report the crash. It is illegal to leave the scene if you have been involved in an accident. When the police arrive they will fill out an accident report, and you should request a copy of it to bring to your legal consultation
- Seek medical treatment. Your adrenaline may keep you from feeling initial injuries, so it’s important to still seek medical treatment even if your injuries are not obvious.
- Identify other parties involved so that you are aware of all parties that may be liable.
- Exchange information with the other parties. Make sure you get their name, address, phone number, email address, insurance company information, driver’s license number, and the driver’s company information.
- Identify any witness and get statements from them.
- Document the accident, your surroundings, any property damages, and any of your injuries. These pictures can be used as evidence and help get a better idea of how the accident happened.
- Contact your insurance company. You need to make sure you do not immediately admit fault because an insurance adjuster can use anything against you, which may affect what you can get covered.
- Contact Eldessouky Law.
If you have been in an accident, one of our truck accident lawyers would like to help you get the compensation you deserve. Do not let truck companies or insurance companies take advantage of you. Contact our firm today!
What are the most common reasons truck accidents occur?
Some of the most common reasons truck accidents occur are because of:
- Driver error. Although truck drivers have a heightened responsibility, truck drivers are not perfect and make mistakes by driving drowsy, under the influence of drugs or alcohol, or driving distracted.
- Poor vehicle maintenance. If truck companies have failed to keep up with maintenance of the vehicle, the company may be liable for your injuries in the accident.
- Equipment failure. In this case, the manufacturer may be liable.
- Poor weather conditions. A driver may not be adequately trained to drive in certain weather conditions.
- Improper cargo loading. Truck companies must follow certain regulations for the weight, size, length, and height of cargo on a truck.
These are just a few examples of some of the common causes of truck accidents, but every situation is different. If you need help discerning who is at fault for your accident, you can get in contact with one of our truck accidents lawyers who will be happy to help you with your case.
Are there different types of compensation available for truck accidents? If so, what are they?
Truck drivers are required to carry insurance with a certain amount of coverage for bodily injury liability. However, you may be able to receive more than this if you decided to file a lawsuit. Other kinds of compensation you can receive from a truck accident lawsuit can cover your medical bills, lost and future lost wages, lost earning potential, pain and suffering, and property damage. To ensure you receive the maximum amount possible, you will want to reach out to one of our truck accident attorneys serving Torrance. This way you will not have to fight against a truck company alone.
How does Eldessouky Law help people and stand out from other law firms?
Eldessouky Law stands out from other firms because we will listen to anyone that believes they have a case. Our lawyers are waiting to hear your story and make sure that we can build a strong case around it. Contact our office for free legal advice on your case. We also have a zero fee guarantee which means you do not have to pay any upfront fees. If we do not win your case, you will not owe us a penny. Truck accidents are serious accidents, and being represented by a trustworthy lawyer is important. Your case will be safe in our hands, and we will make sure you are taken care of every step of the way. So if you have been in a truck accident and want to get your life back on track, you need to contact Eldessouky Law now!