Pedestrian Accident Lawyers Serving Riverside, California
Eldessouky Law: Dedicated Pedestrian Accident Attorney in Riverside, California
According to the California Office of Traffic Safety, the highest number of pedestrian fatalities in the nation occurred in the State of California last year, totaling 867 deaths and accounting for 23.7% of all traffic accident fatalities throughout the state. At Eldessouky Law, our Riverside, California pedestrian accident attorney understands the circumstances surrounding the loss of a loved one in these tragic accidents and provide compassionate care for the families who are suffering as a result.
Our Riverside pedestrian accident law firm has represented our Riverside County community for more than a decade, securing millions of dollars in financial restitution for individuals who have been injured in pedestrian accidents and for families who have lost loved ones in these horrific accidents. Our Riverside pedestrian accident lawyer can help you pursue the negligent driver who caused your injurious or deadly circumstances too.
Pedestrian Accident Statistics in California and the United States
While California leads the nation in pedestrian accident deaths, the number of overall pedestrian deaths occurring throughout the country is also following a disturbing upward trend.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration listed:
- 5,987 pedestrian accident deaths throughout the country last year; a 9% increase from the previous year
- Pedestrian accidents in the United States accounted for 16% of all traffic fatalities last year
- On average, a pedestrian was killed in a traffic accident every 1.5 hours throughout the nation last year
The Centers for Disease Control goes on to record:
- 129,000 pedestrians receiving emergency medical care as the result of injuries suffered in traffic accidents last year
- Pedestrians are 1.5 more likely to die in a car crash then the occupants of the passenger vehicle involved in the collision
Most Common Causes of Pedestrian Accidents in Riverside, California
At Eldessouky Law, our Riverside pedestrian accident lawyer works tirelessly to ensure our clients receive the best financial outcome available for their case. It is important to understand that the severity of the injuries suffered in pedestrian accidents can require life-long care, and the negligent driver who caused those injuries must be held responsible for their unlawful actions and the financial ramifications.
The most common causes of pedestrian accidents in Riverside, California include:
- Cars or trucks making illegal U-turns
- Drivers disregarding traffic or weather conditions
- Distracted driving, including texting and electronic device use
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Exiting and entering parking lots or structures without acknowledging their surroundings
- Failing to obey traffic lights and signage
- Failing to signal while turning
- Failing to yield to crosswalks
- Reckless driving
- Vehicles traveling in reverse without checking their surroundings
Whether you are walking, jogging, or running, you have the right to safety and when vehicles negligently disregard pedestrians sharing the roadways, tragic accidents can occur without notice.
What Should I Do If I Am Injured in A Pedestrian Accident?
If you are hit by a vehicle and can remain at the scene:
- Call the police to ensure the driver who hit you does not leave the scene of the accident. Request a police report, and do not leave the scene without a finalized version.
- Record the driver’s information, including their driver’s license, registration, and insurance details.
- Take pictures and maintain evidence from the scene, including the clothing you were wearing at the time of the accident. Do not throw anything away that was damaged during the accident.
- Collect statements from witnesses who were at the scene and note their contact information for any follow-up questions.
- Seek medical care immediately after leaving the scene. Never assume that you are okay, or that your injuries do not warrant medical care. Pedestrian accidents can cause internal bleeding or head, neck, and back injuries that may not surface immediately, but can cause serious physical problems going forward.
Finally, if you are involved in a pedestrian accident call Riverside, California pedestrian accident lawyers at Eldessouky Law to understand your rights, and how we can hold the negligent driver responsible for your injuries.
At Eldessouky Law, our Riverside personal injury attorney believe that:
- You should never have to pay for your medical care after being injured in a pedestrian accident.
- You should never have to lose a paycheck because you are too injured to work.
- You should never accrue miscellaneous expenses because you were injured by a negligent driver.
- You should never have anxiety or stress about how you are going to pay your bills while recovering from your injuries.
Allow our accomplished Riverside pedestrian accident attorney to provide you with the best financial results available for your Riverside pedestrian accident by calling our law office now.
Have You Been Involved in a Pedestrian Accident in Riverside, California?
Eldessouky Law provides exceptional legal representation for individuals who have been injured in pedestrian accidents, and for families who are caring for or have lost a loved one in these tragic crashes. Contact our pedestrian accident lawyer in Riverside, California today at (714) 752-4728 to schedule a free consultation and understand the totality of your recovery options. Our experienced Riverside pedestrian accident lawyer will leave no detail to chance when outlining your financial needs, and we will fight for your rights until you can rest easy and recover fully without worry.