Personal Injury Lawyer near Riverside, CA
When someone else’s careless or wrongful actions cause you harm, you may be eligible to file a personal injury claim in Riverside, California. Discuss your accident and case goals with a Riverside personal injury lawyer at Eldessouky Law.
If you live in Riverside, California, you already know it’s a great place to be. There’s the Riverside Art Museum to visit plus you can hit Castle Park on weekends. Even though you love your town, you also know that no town is perfectly safe. You can be injured in an accident due to someone else’s careless or wrongful behavior.
Someone could cause you to be hurt in a car accident on Riverside Freeway. You could slip and be injured while walking near White Park. A boating accident on the Santa Ana River could cause you serious injuries and damages.
If you’ve been hurt in any type of accident, a Riverside personal injury attorney could help. Contact Eldessouky Law at 562-461-0095 to speak with a lawyer about your case today.
What Type of Riverside Accident Were You Hurt In?
Accidents happen every single day in Riverside. Even when the city does everything it can to keep citizens safe, accidents can still occur due to negligence. A lot of accidents could be prevented if everyone was a little more careful.
If you’ve been hurt in a personal injury accident, filing a claim could help you get justice, closure, and compensation.
Here are some common types of injury accidents that your Riverside personal injury lawyer can help you deal with:
- Wrongful Death – The death of a loved one is a tragic experience, and the person responsible for a preventable accident should be held liable. Your claim could get your loved one the justice they deserve.
- Car Accidents – Vehicle accidents are known for leaving victims with life-changing injuries and losses. A claim could help you get back on your feet after a car accident caused by another person’s poor behavior.
- Motorcycle Collisions – When you were not responsible for your motorcycle accident, you should not have to pay for the losses.
- Product Liability – Dangerous products must be removed from shelves, and your claim can help make that happen. You can also be compensated for a product injury by going after a negligent manufacturer.
- Dog Bites – Sometimes, dog owners can’t be bothered to follow California’s laws pertaining to properly restraining their pets. If a dangerous dog has harmed you, you could be owed financial compensation for your injuries.
- Premises Liability – Property owners have a duty to do all they reasonably can to prevent injuries from occurring on their properties. If they fail in that duty of care, they could be held liable for your injuries and trauma.
- Truck Accidents – Commercial trucks are essential to the delivery of goods throughout our country, but drivers and trucking companies must be conscientious. If you are hurt in an accident caused by negligence, those responsible should be brought to justice.
- Nursing Home Abuse – Your loved one did not deserve to be harmed in a nursing home where they were supposed to be safe. A nursing home abuse claim could bring your loved one justice and compensation for what they went through.
Do You Have a Personal Injury Case?
One of the first questions you probably want to ask your lawyer is whether you have a personal injury case. To find out if you have a case, your attorney will need to examine the circumstances of your accident.
What caused your accident? Who was responsible? If you were hurt in a truck accident involving a commercial trucker, was it the trucker’s fault? If a household product harmed you, was the product defective? Is the manufacturing company to blame? Maybe a dog attacked you. Is the dog’s owner liable for your damages?
California law allows those who’ve been injured due to another person’s negligence to file a personal injury claim to recoup their losses and get justice for their experience.
To win your case, your attorney will need to prove fault, prove your injuries, and prove your accident-related damages.
Finding out whether you have a case or not is easy—just call a personal injury lawyer at Eldessouky Law. Our firm offers free case consultations, so you have nothing to lose by reaching out.
Who Is at Fault for Your Personal Injury Accident in Riverside?
You may be pretty confident that someone else caused your accident, but do you know who it was? It’s important to determine what and who caused your accident. The cause often points to fault. It’s also important to note that liability does not always rest with the individual who caused your accident.
For instance, if a store clerk makes a careless mistake that causes you to be injured, the store’s owner could be responsible for your damages. Your injury lawyer in Riverside can investigate your accident to find out what happened and who is responsible for paying your damages.
If you were hurt in a truck accident, for example, the trucker, trucking company, loading company, mechanic, or the government could be liable for your losses.
Investigating the accident requires gathering evidence that helps your lawyer prove what happened. Evidence can also prove your injuries and accident-related losses. For instance, medical evidence can be used to demonstrate how serious your injury is and how much medical expenses you’ve been forced to pay.
Some other evidence a Riverside injury lawyer at our firm could use to win your case:
- Police or accident reports
- Medical documentation
- Witness statements
- Accident scene investigator reports
- Physical evidence
- Photos of the accident scene
- Video of the accident taking place
Personal Injury Settlement vs. Litigation
There are two main ways to be paid after filing a personal injury claim.
Most cases will be settled outside of the courtroom through mediation. This is usually beneficial because you can avoid the expense of going to court plus you won’t have to wait so long to receive compensation. Your compensation can be negotiated between your lawyer and the insurance company.
Going to trial could result in a financial award from a jury. Although court is rare, your attorney can litigate your case if needed in effort to get you the compensation you deserve.
Does Your Injury Matter to Your Riverside Personal Injury Case?
Injuries are not all the same, and some injuries could result in larger compensation. The reason for this is that severe injuries cause more losses for the victim. For instance, if you sustained a spinal cord injury, you would need more compensation to deal with this serious injury than someone who broke their arm.
The severity of an injury must be taken into account when determining how much compensation you can receive. Your personal injury lawyer in Riverside will look at your injury’s seriousness. You should get fair compensation for pain and suffering and for all the ways your injury will impact your life.
Below are some common injury types and how they can affect your life happiness:
- Spinal Cord Injuries – Damage to the spinal column is often serious, and this injury could mean big life changes for you. Some people are even paralyzed after a spine injury. Your compensation needs to account for the serious nature of a spinal injury.
- Amputations – The loss of a limb is a traumatic injury that could affect you physically and mentally. It may take years for you to overcome an injury such as an amputation, and your compensation should account for this.
- Broken Bones – Broken bones may seem like minor injuries, but they can be severe depending on the break.
- Neck Injuries – Damage to the soft tissue in the neck is more serious than a lot of people realize. Chronic pain is often the result of a serious neck injury.
Common Personal Injury Damages
Whether you were injured in a car accident, trip-and-fall accident, or a motorcycle accident, you could receive monetary compensation for all the suffering you’ve been through and for the monetary losses you experienced.
At minimum, you have likely lost out on work wages while recovering from your injuries. You have also probably received medical bills related to medical treatment you needed after your accident. You shouldn’t have to deal with these financial losses when you didn’t cause your accident.
You could be fairly reimbursed for all financial losses, to include future financial losses associated with this accident. You can also receive compensation for your pain and suffering, lost life happiness, mental distress, permanent disability, scarring, and more.
It’s your injury lawyer’s job to work toward the compensation you need after an accident. We will do all we can to see that your case reaches a successful resolution.
Riverside Personal Injury FAQ
Questions are bound to come up when you are considering a personal injury claim. You can call our firm to talk with our team about your case at any time. Here are some answers to common questions our firm receives to get you started.
What is the statute of limitations for personal injury in California?
The statute of limitations, or time limit for filing a personal injury claim, is two years from the date of the accident. You could miss out on the opportunity to file a claim and recover compensation if that time limit passes.
If I’m partly to blame for my Riverside accident, can I still file a claim?
Yes, you can still file a claim even if you were somewhat responsible for your accident. Because of California’s pure comparative fault law, you could seek compensation for the percentage of responsibility that rests with the other party. You are not barred from recovering compensation even if you were more at fault than the other party.
What are pain and suffering damages in California?
Pain and suffering damages are the non-financial hardships you went through because of your accident. For instance, if you dealt with physical pain due to your injuries, you can be compensated for that. You can also be compensated for mental trauma, such as post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
Is my Riverside personal injury case going to trial?
It’s rare for personal injury cases to go to trial. Most cases are settled through personal injury mediation. This is when the insurance company and your lawyer come to an agreement on appropriate compensation for you. If your case does go to trial, your attorney at our firm will prepare you for court.
Connect with a Riverside Personal Injury Lawyer
You’ve been hurt in an accident in Riverside, which means you’ve been through a lot. The thought of dealing with a personal injury claim could be overwhelming for you. Many accident victims don’t file injury claims because they think it will be too difficult for them. But you don’t have to file a claim without legal help.
A Riverside personal injury attorney can assist you with the entire claim process. We can investigate your accident, collect evidence, calculate your damages, build your case, and deal with the insurance company. We can even litigate your case if that step is needed to get you justice. Call 562-461-0095 to reach our team and discuss your case in a free case consultation.