Personal Injury Laywer near Irvine, CA
Have you been hurt in an accident in Irvine, California? Connect with an Irvine injury attorney at Eldessouky Law to learn about the process of bringing a personal injury claim. You could win compensation for your injuries and damages.
Irvine is a wonderful, popular place to live and visit, and there is so much to do and see in the area. There is Irvine Spectrum Center to enjoy, and you can take in the Orange County Zoo or Irvine Regional Park on the weekends.
Even the loveliest cities in the world aren’t perfect, though, and harm can come to you. That’s because people populate cities and towns, and people can be negligent and cause you to be hurt.
Perhaps you were hurt while walking down the sidewalk near FivePoint Amphitheatre. Maybe you were in a car accident on Von Karman Avenue and Main Street. It’s possible you were hurt in a slip-and-fall accident in your local grocery store. No matter what type of accident you were hurt in, you could be owed compensation for your injuries.
When another person is responsible for the harm you suffered, they can be held accountable through a civil injury claim. You can bring your claim against any party that was responsible for causing you injuries and damages. For help with a claim, you can reach out to an Irvine personal injury attorney at Eldessouky Law.
Common Types of Personal Injury Cases in Irvine
The type of accident you were injured in doesn’t affect your ability to obtain compensation, but it does impact your case somewhat. Different laws apply to different types of accidents, so it’s important for your Irvine personal injury attorney to identify which type of case you have.
For example, if you were hurt in an Irvine car accident, the car accident laws in California will apply to your case. A premises liability accident, such as a fall on a business owner’s property, will fall under premises liability laws.
Here are some of the main types of personal injury cases. Your lawyer at our firm can help you with any of the following:
- Car Accidents – Auto accidents often cause devastating injuries for victims, such as broken bones, traumatic head injuries, organ damage, and burn injuries.
- Product Liability – Products can harm people if they are poorly designed or improperly labeled.
- Motorcycle Accidents – Sometimes, motorcyclists are seriously injured in accidents caused by other motorists’ negligence. You can go after the negligent party for compensation and justice.
- Premises Liability – Property owners are expected to repair property hazards and maintain a safe premises for guests and customers.
- Wrongful Death – Fatal accidents can occur because of negligence. These accidents could have been prevented. The at-fault person should be held accountable for actions that resulted in your loved one’s death.
- Dog Bites – Dog owners must follow the law and prevent their pet from harming others. If they fail in their duty of care, a civil claim can be filed against them.
- Trucking Accidents – Commercial trucks are some of the largest vehicles on the road. Collisions involving these enormous vehicles can result in severe injuries and losses.
Irvine Personal Injuries and How They Affect Your Life
Accidents cause a variety of different injuries, and injuries affect people differently. No two broken bones are exactly alike. Your injury lawyer at our firm understands that your circumstances are unique, and your case should be tailored to your needs and goals.
Accident injuries could upset your life, from your ability to work a job to your ability to enjoy activities. You didn’t cause your injuries, but you’re the one suffering with them.
Injuries like broken bones could be minor or severe. Some injuries are permanent and cause long-lasting life problems.
For instance, if you sustain a traumatic brain injury, your life may never be the same again. You could lose memories or undergo personality changes. You could deal with balance and coordination issues.
You are seeking compensation because your injuries have thrown your life into chaos. Monetary compensation could help you put your life back together. Here are some of the common types of injuries that accident victims experience:
- Head Injuries – Injuries to the brain can cause lasting damage. Your memory, cognition, and personality could be affected. Balance, coordination, mood, and other aspects of what defines you could be impacted for life.
- Spinal Cord Injuries – Injuries to the spine could be serious, causing partial or total paralysis. Spinal cord damage could be permanent, meaning your life will be forever altered. Whoever caused your injury could be held to account for their behavior.
- Broken Bones – Bones can break in a number of ways, and sometimes broken bones don’t fully heal. Pain can be excruciating, and you deserve to be compensated for your broken bone injury.
- Burn Injuries – Burn injuries can be especially painful and could cause scarring and disfigurement. Deep burns can affect nerves, tissue, and muscle groups.
- Eye Injuries – Some accidents can cause damage to the eyes. Your eye injury could be serious. Some people lose their sight in one or both eyes due to the negligent actions of another person.
- Organ Damage – Damage to vital organs could affect your long-term health. Organ damage could cause pain, trauma, and mobility loss.
- Loss of limb – Some accidents result in loss of limb for the accident victim. This could affect your ability to work, get around, and enjoy activities that held great meaning for you.
No matter what type of injury you suffered, you are likely dealing with related issues. You can speak to an Irvine injury attorney about the possibility of filing a claim and seeking compensation from the person who hurt you.
What Does Your Irvine Personal Injury Lawyer Do?
When you are looking into filing a personal injury claim for an Irvine accident, you are probably faced with a lot of questions. One of those questions relates to whether you need a lawyer’s help. What does a personal injury attorney do?
The steps your lawyer will take are described below.
We Provide Legal Advice
One of the first things your lawyer will do for you is discuss your case and give you advice. Legal advice could be crucial to winning your case. If you make the wrong moves, you could inadvertently harm your case.
We Investigate Your Injury Accident
Another of the first steps we take is to look into your accident. We need to figure out what caused the accident and who is liable for the damages and injuries you suffered. We can start by interviewing witnesses, gathering police or accident reports, and obtaining medical documentation.
We will gather as much evidence as possible so we can get a clear picture of your accident. We need evidence to prove your case so you can win compensation. Other types of evidence we might use to prove your injury case:
- Physical evidence
- Medical evidence
- Photo and video evidence
- Statements from witnesses
- Reports from expert investigators
- Police and/or accident reports
We Add Up Your Damages
Next, we will calculate your losses so you can receive compensation for all of your suffering. You can be compensated for monetary losses and for pain and suffering. We will put this information together to present to the at-fault person’s insurance company.
We Put Your Case Together
Once we feel like we have enough evidence to prove your case, we will put the evidence together with a demand for payment from the negligent person’s insurance company. For instance, if you were hurt in a car accident, we will send in your claim to the at-fault party’s insurance company.
We will use the claim to show how you were injured and to prove that you’re owed compensation from the insurer. The insurer could negotiate a settlement. If they refuse to pay you fairly for your injuries and losses, your lawyer could take your case to the courtroom.
Obtaining Financial Compensation for an Irvine Personal Injury
Your injury probably caused you serious financial hardship. For example, your injury probably required medical care, which can be incredibly expensive. The more severe your injury is, the more medical expenses you will have. You should be paid back for all of the medical costs you’ve accrued due to this accident.
When your lawyer proves that you didn’t cause the accident that hurt you, compensation could be paid to you. Either through an insurance settlement or a jury verdict, you could be awarded compensation to pay for your accident-related losses.
Common losses you could be compensated for:
- Pain and suffering
- Lost income and lost earning capability
- Mental distress and cost of mental health treatment
- Property loss
- Transportation expenses
- Medical costs
- Lost life enjoyment
- Permanent disability
Irvine Personal Injury FAQ
It’s not unusual for accident victims to have questions about the injury claim process. You can talk to a personal injury lawyer at our firm about your case during a free consultation. In the meantime, read through the Q&A below for answers to top questions.
Will I have to go to court for a personal injury accident in Irvine?
Most personal injury cases do not need to go to court. They can be settled through insurance negotiations. You shouldn’t be afraid of going to court, though. Your lawyer at our firm can handle court and would prepare you beforehand if court were necessary.
How is an Irvine personal injury claim calculated?
To calculate your claim’s total value, your lawyer will add up all of your financial losses. Future financial losses, such as medical bills and lost income, can be included in these calculations. A value must be assigned to your pain and suffering and other non-financial losses as well.
How does a personal injury lawyer get paid?
Your injury lawyer at our firm works on a contingency fee basis. That means you don’t pay unless we win your case for you. You won’t have to pay any money up front if we take your case.
How long is the personal injury claim process?
Every claim is unique, and the time frame will vary depending on your case. In general, most injury claims will take between a few months to a year to resolve. More complex cases can take longer than a year.
Reach Out to a Personal Injury Attorney in Irvine
In California, you only have two years to bring an injury claim for an accident under California’s limitations law. That may seem like plenty of time, but it goes by quickly. You don’t want to miss out on the chance to obtain the justice and compensation you need for an accident you didn’t cause.
If you are ready to get started on your claim, reach out to an Irvine personal injury attorney. You can discuss your case with a member of our team and learn more about the process. Case consultations are free, so call Eldessouky Law at 562-461-0095 now.