Dog Bite Lawyers Serving in Long Beach
What is dog-bite law?
Much of the law for dog bites comes from California’s Civil Code which in short states: The owner of any dog is liable for the damages suffered by any person who is bitten by the dog while in a public place or lawfully in a private place, including the property of the owner of the dog, regardless of the former viciousness of the dog or the owner’s knowledge of such viciousness. A person is lawfully upon the private property of such owner within the meaning of this section when he is on such property in the performance of any duty imposed upon him by the laws of this state or by the laws or postal regulations of the United States, or when he is on such property upon the invitation, express or implied, of the owner.
Other factors concerning a dog bit will be to assess whether the dog is considered “vicious”
“Vicious dog” means any dog that:
- Has attacked or bitten a person, causing death or substantial physical injury; or
- Has killed or inflicted substantial physical injury to a domestic animal, without provocation, while off the owner’s or custodian’s property; or
- Is owned or harbored primarily or in part for the purpose of dog fighting or is a dog trained for dog fighting; or
- Has twice, within a one-year period, done any of the following:
- Bitten, attacked or attempted to bite a person, or
- Chased or approached a person upon the streets, sidewalks or any public or private property in an apparent attitude of attack;
Why would a Long Beach Dog Bite Lawyer be needed in a dog-bite case?
- It’s very important that when you suffer a dog big that you are given all the options available to you. Long Beach Dog Bite Lawyers at Eldessouky Law knows how to do this. Often times an owners liability for a dog bite will be disputed and will require additional investigations to determine this. Our Long Beach Dog Bite Attorneys law office knows the questions to ask and the law to apply when seeing who is at fault. Without having this information it would be very difficult get treated and possible receive money for your injuries.
- Generally when we first discuss the incident our Long Beach Dog Bite Attorneys will ask if the dog was on leash, private property, dog park, dog beach, or an other public are to first assess the laws or local ordinances which may apply. This is important because the law does speak to the location and interaction between the dog and victim.
- Provided, no dog may be determined to be a vicious dog if any such bite, threat, injury or damage was sustained by a person who, at the time, was committing a wilful trespass upon the premises occupied by the owner or custodian of the dog, or was committing or attempting to commit a crime upon the premises occupied by the owner or custodian of the dog, or was teasing, tormenting, abusing or assaulting the dog or who has, in the past, teased, tormented, abused or assaulted the dog.
- Generally when someone is notified you want to make a claim or seek compensation they will immediately deny any fault. Our Long Beach Dog Bite Lawyers firm will be able to send the proper correspondence and work with insurance adjusters to streamline this process. Without knowing the system or the law, it is very easy to be taken advantage of by those looking to deny any payouts for insurance coverage.
What type of compensation is covered in a Long Beach dog bite claim?
Victims of dog bites are afforded all the rights and coverage of all other personal injury victims. In other words, medical bills, time off work, and emotional distress damages are all forms of money, which may be paid to someone, who was bite by a dog. No two cases are identical and each case requires a through approach to determine the maximum value of compensation.
What information does a client need to gather when preparing to talk to a lawyer about a dog-bite case?
Not much! Eldessouky Law prides itself in taking all the work off our client’s plates. The purpose of retaining our Long Beach Dog Bite Lawyers firm is for us to do the work and give you the best results. Before talking to us all we really need is your basic contact information, the date of the dog bite, and where it occurred. If you have the dog owner’s information then great! our Long Beach Dog Bite Attorneys will work closely with you get all the information required.
What does your law firm do to stand out from other firms in representing your clients in their dog-bite cases?
Just as with all areas of Personal injury we ALWAYS put the health of our clients first. Equally important is making sure our clients are fully compensated for all their damages. Our Long Beach Personal Injury Lawyers firm is committed to providing the best possible medical treatment to all our clients and making sure this is all paid for in additional to money paid directly to the client.
Our Long Beach Dog Bite Attorney firm has been before local judges discussing vicious dog bites and how local agencies determine whether a dog is vicious. Strong understanding of the municipal codes is essential to making sure out dog bite clients get the best representation possible.