Employment Lawyer near Lakewood, CA
Eldessouky Law: Committed Employment Law Attorney in Lakewood, CA
At Eldessouky Law, our commitment to protecting the rights of Lakewood, CA employees is unmatched in the State of California. With just over 80,000 people calling our Los Angeles County city home, it is important to our Lakewood employment lawyer that if anyone has questions or concerns about their employment and the legality of their circumstances or environment that they have a trusted source to contact.
Our Lakewood employment law firm works tirelessly to ensure our Lakewood, CA residents understand their rights, and how a hostile work environment counters their productivity. Discrimination and sexual harassment are not the only trying conditions in the workplace, wages and hours can be a growing concern in some industries, and severance agreements and wrongful termination are hot topics in certain shrinking sectors. If you believe you are being mistreated at work, in any capacity, talk to our Lakewood employment discrimination law attorney today to fully understand your rights.
Top Employers in Lakewood, CA
Whether you are working in education, a municipal office, or retail position, all employees deserve to spend their days in a hostile-free work environment.
The top employers in Lakewood, CA include:
- Long Beach Unified School District: 909 employees
- Lakewood Regional Medical Center: 791 employees
- City of Lakewood: 594 employees
- Los Angeles County Department of Children and Family Services: 435 employees
- Bellflower Unified School District: 402 employees
- Walmart: 349 employees
- Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department: 321 employees
- ABC Unified School District: 320 employees
- The Home Depot: 302 employees
- Albertson’s: 287 employees
It doesn’t matter if there are three people in your Lakewood employment law office, or if you have hundreds of co-workers, California employment laws are designed to protect you from unlawful activity, so you can enjoy your workdays with confidence and appreciation.
Protecting the Rights of Lakewood, CA Residents: Eldessouky Law Practice Areas
Enduring unlawful activity at work can cause stress, decreased productivity, and deliver a serious blow to your self-esteem and ability to enjoy your day-to-day life. At Eldessouky Law, our Lakewood employment law attorney can help remove you from such a difficult position and hold your employer responsible for allowing the behavior to occur.
At Eldessouky Law, our employment law practice areas include:
- Hostile work environment
- Severance agreements, terms, and enforcement
- Sexual harassment
- Wage and hour cases, including overtime pay discrepancy claims
- Wrongful termination, including retaliation cases, including whistleblower claims
No matter your workplace troubles, we can help you by scheduling a free consultation today.
Countering Wrongful Termination in the Workplace
Wrongful termination can be a difficult subject, as most people believe that it only covers employees who are fired without cause. If you have been released from a position, and the reason stated was poor work quality, but there are underlying factors that point to retaliation – you may have a legal case against your employer.
California is an “at will” work state, which means you can be fired with or without notice, at any time. However, the California Department of Industrial Relations outlines labor codes that prohibit termination for certain reasons.
It is illegal to terminate someone in the State of California:
- Who is under an employment contract
- For discriminatory reasons, including:
- Age (40 and older)
- Citizenship status
- Gender identity or expression
- Genetic information
- Marital status
- Medical condition, including AIDS/HIV
- Mental or physical disability
- Military or veteran status
- National origin
- Sexual orientation
- Status as a victim of domestic violence, assault, or stalking
- For retaliation reasons, including:
- Filing a complaint for harassment or discrimination
- Taking or requesting family and medical leave
- Taking time off to serve on jury duty
- Filing a workers’ compensation claim
- Complaining or reporting illegal wage and hour practices
- Whistleblowing/reporting illegal activity in the workplace
- For violating public policy, including:
- Protesting illegal activity in the workplace
- Refusing to lie to third-party investigators, including the IRS
- Participating in political activities or affiliations
The details of wrongful termination may differ for each employee we represent, but the illegality of the cases remain the same. If your employer is breaking the law, we will hold them responsible for their actions and provide you with the representation you need to pursue substantial financial recovery for your injurious conditions.
Contact Eldessouky Law in Lakewood, CA Today for a Free Consultation
If you are suffering from workplace inequality or have been released from your employment for reasons you find unlawful, contact our accomplished employment law attorney in Lakewood, CA today at (714) 409-8991. Our Lakewood Severance Agreement lawyer has been protecting workers in California for more than a decade and is available for a free consultation at any time that works for you or your family. Call us today to schedule a meeting and get a clearer understanding of your employment rights.
Directions: (via Clark Ave) to Eldessouky Law, Employment and Labor Law Firm, 17139 Bellflower Blvd, Suite 202, Bellflower, CA 90706, USA from Lakewood, CA
- Head east on Candlewood St toward Clark Ave
- Turn left at the 1st cross street onto Clark Ave
- Turn right onto Artesia Blvd
- Turn left onto Ardmore Ave
- Turn right onto Beach St
- Turn right. Destination will be on the left
Call us today (562)-461-0995
We are located at:
17139 Bellflower Blvd., Suite 202, Bellflower, CA 90706, United States