Employment Lawyer near Commerce, CA
Eldessouky Law: Experienced Employment Law Attorney in Commerce, CA
At Eldessouky Law, our employment law attorney in Commerce, CA has focused on protecting the rights of our Los Angeles County, California residents for more than a decade. With nearly 13,000 residents calling Commerce home, it is important that each employee in our city, and their families, know that they have somewhere to turn if they are subjected to a hostile work environment, unfair hours or wage disputes, or wrongful termination circumstances.
The State of California Employment Labor Laws and Regulations are designed to protect you in the workplace every minute you are there. When those rights are infringed upon by employers, co-workers, or even vendors, we want to help you hold the party who is breaking the law responsible today.
Commerce, CA Principal Employers: Providing Resources for the Community
When it comes to legal employment protections, it does not matter the size or type of company you work for: You are shielded from unlawful behavior and practices. No matter your line of work, you deserve the same hostile-free environment as the rest of the country’s workers.
The primary employers in Commerce, CA include:
- Commerce Casino: 2,191
- County of Los Angeles: 910
- Parsec Gaming: 890
- Smart & Final: 769
- Unified Grocers: 748
- American International Industries: 592
- Mission Foods: 590
- 99 Cents Only Stores: 549
- MegaToys: 480
Eldessouky Law: Primary Practice Areas in Commerce, CA
You do not have to work for a large, Commerce, CA company to be valued personally or professionally under the law. If you believe your employment rights have been infringed upon in any capacity, contact the Eldessouky Law a Commerce employment law Firm today for help in getting out of your hurtful situation.
At Eldessouky Law, our primary employment law practice areas include:
- Hostile work environment claims
- Sexual harassment
- Wage and hour cases, including overtime pay discrepancy claims
- Severance agreements, terms, and enforcement
- Wrongful termination, including retaliation cases, including whistleblower claims
Hostile Work Environment Claims: Sexual Harassment in Commerce, CA
Sexual harassment is a serious offense inside and outside of the workplace. According to the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing, or DFEH, sexual harassment is defined as sexual advances that are unwanted, including the following prohibited behavior:
- Sexual gestures
- Display of sexually suggestive objects, posters, cartoons, or pictures
- Derogatory comments
- Abuse of a sexual nature, including graphic commentary regarding another’s body
- Sexually degrading words or comments to describe another
- Impeding movement, or blocking passage or progress
It is important to understand that these laws protect all sexually offensive behavior, despite the person’s gender. This means that even if your harasser is of the same sex as you, they are not precluded from the law’s enforcement.
Additional offenses include:
- Offers of employment, raises, advancement, or benefits in exchange for sexual favors
- Threatening retaliatory action when the sexually harassing tactics are met with a negative response
At Eldessouky Law, our Commerce employment lawyers have represented clients from all walks of life, in all occupations, and of each sex who have experienced life-changing sexual harassment. The experience delivers a blow to your self-esteem, your quality of life, and seriously undermines your employment. We can help you hold the offender, and your employer responsible, ending the degradation now.
Who Is Responsible for Maintaining a Sexual Harassment Free Workplace?
Ultimately, the employer is responsible for ensuring your safety in the workplace. The State of California Department of Justice, in partnership with the Attorney General’s Office, explains that all supervisors must be trained to maintain a safe workplace, safe from sexual harassment.
The definition of a supervisor includes anyone who has the authority to:
- Hire employees
- Fire employees
- Assign or transfer employees to departments, divisions, or positions
- Discipline or reward employees
Sexual harassment training must outline and explain:
- The definition of sexual harassment under the:
- Statutes and case-law prohibiting sexual harassment, including:
- Practical examples of sexual harassment, including the types of conduct that fall into the category
- Strategies to prevent sexual harassment
- Supervisors’ obligation to report sexual harassment
- Remedies available for victims of sexual harassment
In addition, training must include information that is helpful to the victims, including the:
- Limited confidentiality of the complaint process
- Resources for victims of sexual harassment, including:
- Who to report the conduct to, even when the harasser is the supervisor
- How employers will correct harassing behavior going forward
Training is meant to protect employees in the workplace, but it isn’t always effective. Failures throughout the state have resulted in lawsuits that allow our clients to feel whole again, and hold their offenders responsible.
Call Eldessouky Law in Commerce, CA for a Free Employment Law Consultation Today
If you believe you are experiencing sexual harassment in the workplace, or are employed in a hostile working environment, contact our employment law attorney in Commerce, CA today at (714) 409-8991 to get the legal help you need now. We are available to schedule free consultations during hours that work for you and will explain your rights clearly and effectively, so you know what to expect moving forward. You do not have to suffer from the degrading behavior of sexual harassment any longer. Call us now for help.
Directions: (via I-710 S) to Eldessouky Law, Employment and Labor Law Firm, 17139 Bellflower Blvd, Suite 202, Bellflower, CA 90706, USA from Commerce, CA
- Get on I-710 S
- Follow I-710 S and CA-91 E to Bellflower Blvd in Bellflower. Take exit 16 from CA-91 E
- Continue on Bellflower Blvd to your destination
- Turn left onto Bellflower Blvd
- Turn left onto Beach St
- Turn left. Destination will be on the left
Call us today (562)-461-0995
We are located at:
17139 Bellflower Blvd., Suite 202, Bellflower, CA 90706, United States