Were you involved in a bicycle accident in Cerritos, California? If you were in a bicycle accident that left you injured or if a member of your family was in a fatal bicycle accident, you might have grounds to pursue a claim. If your claim is successful, you might even be eligible to recover compensation. If you would like to explore the possibility of pursuing a bicycle accident claim, do not hesitate to contact the bicycle accident lawyers at Eldessouky Law in Cerritos, CA as soon as possible. Our experts are ready to provide you with all the legal assistance that you need to start or continue your claim.
The Common Causes of Bicycle Accidents in Cerritos
Unfortunately, bicycle accidents are very common. Whenever someone rides their bikes, they run the risk of being involved in an accident – through their own actions and even through no fault of their own. Many people believe that bicycle accidents are simply random occurrences; however, that is far from the truth. There are many reasons behind bicycle accidents, most of which are associated with the negligent actions of parties.
Consider some of the most common causes of bicycle accidents:
- Bicyclists being distracted by mobile devices or other things.
- Bicyclists being under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Bicyclists failing to keep both hands (or at least one hand) on the handlebars.
- Bicyclists ignoring traffic laws/signals.
- Bicyclists weaving in and out of traffic.
- Drivers being distracted by their mobile devices or other distractions in or out of their vehicles.
- Drivers being under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Drivers failing to keep enough distance from bicyclists.
- Drivers ignoring all traffic rules/signals.
- Poor road conditions.
What are the similarities between the causes listed above? Bicycle accidents are generally caused by the negligent actions of a party. Although bicycle accidents are usually caused by drivers, bicyclists can be at-fault for their own accidents. In specific circumstances, other parties, such as cities, counties, and transportation agencies, could all be at-fault. If you would like to learn more about the common causes of bicycle accidents, do not hesitate to contact our firm today.
Your Rights as a Bicyclist
What are your rights as a bicyclist? As a bicyclist, you have the right to be regarded as any other vehicle. You have the right to ride your bicycle without being recklessly put in danger and in risk of injury. If you were injured in a bicycle accident or a member of your family died in a bicycle accident due to the negligent actions of a party, you will likely have the right to pursue a claim and fight for the right to receive compensation.
Your Right to Receive Compensation
Could you recover compensation after being affected by a bicycle accident? If you pursue a bicycle accident after you or a member of your family were harmed in a bicycle accident, you will likely have grounds to recover compensation. How much compensation could you receive? What type of compensation could you be eligible to recover?
The answers to the specific questions related to the type/amount of compensation that you could receive depend on the details surrounding the bicycle accident. Some of the compensation that could be available for your claim might include the following:
- Medical expenses – for all medical costs associated with the bicycle accident
- Lost income – for all the wages lost due to the bicycle accident
- Pain and suffering – for the mental and emotional distress caused by the bicycle accident
- Property damage – for the loss of property resulting from the bicycle accident
- Funeral/burial expenses – for the expenses associated with death services
- Loss of consortium – for the loss of ability to have a normal, family relationship with the victim
- Punitive damages – for punishment to the defendant
If you would like to learn more about the type and amount of compensation that you could be eligible to receive if your claim reaches a successful outcome, do not hesitate to contact the experts at Eldessouky Law in Cerritos, California. Our experts will do everything within their power to ensure that you recover the compensation that you deserve.
Contact Our Law Firm
After being involved in a bicycle accident, is it important that you seek legal assistance? After suffering injuries or losing a member of your family in a bicycle accident, it is essential that you speak with a lawyer for guidance. Why do you need an experienced attorney? When you allow an experienced lawyer to handle your claim, you can be certain that there will always be someone aggressively fighting to represent your rights – including your right to recover compensation. When you allow the bicycle accident lawyers at Eldessouky Law in Cerritos to handle your claim, you could be certain that our experts will help you reach a successful claim outcome. Why should you choose our law firm? Our lawyers have many years of experience handling bicycle accidents claims, and they are prepared to represent you and your family.