Knowledgeable Employment Law Attorney in Brea, CA: Eldessouky Law
Brea, CA serves as a small community in Orange County, with big city ties. With nearly 40,000 people calling Brea home, the Eldessouky Law Firm takes extraordinary pride in protecting our community from employment law violations in our city and beyond. Located a mere 33 miles from Los Angeles, some of our residents work within the confines of Brea, with thousands of others commuting to surrounding cities for diverse employment opportunities throughout the State of California.
Our knowledgeable employment law attorney in Brea, CA, Mohamed Eldessouky, specializes in protecting employees from workplace violations that disrupt their fair treatment, pay schedules and rates, and severance agreements. No matter where you are employed, or how many employees your company has, the California Labor & Workforce Development Agency has labor law regulations that protect you from abuse, intimidation, unlawful wage theft, and discrimination of any kind. Our firm enforces those laws to ensure our clients get the financial and emotional restitution they deserve from the employer who broke the law and harmed their psychological and financial well-being.
Brea, CA Employers, and their Legal Obligations to Follow Labor Laws
The size, composition, or type of company you work for does not change the protections you enjoy under the employment laws in California.
The largest employers in Brea, CA are:
- Bank of America: 3,000 employees
- Mercury Insurance Company: 1,800 employees
- Beckman Coulter: 1,000 employees
- Albertsons: 900 employees
- Kirkhill-TA: 650 employees
- Brea Olinda Unified School District: 500 employees
At Eldessouky Law, we have represented individuals employed with Fortune 500 companies and small businesses throughout the state that have committed workplace violations. We will not rest until your claim is fully considered by the court system, and justice is served.
Eldessouky Law Employment Law Practice Areas in Brea, CA
Our employment law attorney, Mohamed Eldessouky, works tirelessly to ensure our Brea, CA residents are receiving fair treatment in the workplace.
Our core employment law practice areas include:
- Hostile work environment claims
- Retaliation claims
- Severance agreements, protection, and enforcement
- Sexual harassment
- Wage and hour claims, including overtime pay violations
- Wrongful termination
If you believe your rights have been violated in any capacity by an employer, our attorney can help you proceed with a claim against them, and provide exceptional solutions for retrieving the financial settlement and peace of mind you deserve.
Discrimination in the Workplace is Always Unlawful
No matter how you are being discriminated against, your rights are being injured through violation of the Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA).
According to the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing, no one can be discriminated against based on their:
- Age (over 40)
- Ancestry, national origin
- Disability, mental and physical
- Gender identity, gender expression
- Genetic information
- Marital status
- Medical condition, including:
- Any related medical conditions
- Military and veteran status
- Race, color
- Religion, creed
- Sex, gender
- Sexual orientation
If you have experienced discrimination in any of the previous areas, no matter how small or large you feel the ramifications of speaking out will be, do not hesitate to contact our office to report your employer’s violation.
As your employment law attorney, we will pursue the areas of retribution where biases precluded you from proceeding or expanding legally, including:
- Back pay, or lost past earnings
- Front pay, or lost future earnings
- Reasonable accommodation(s) for disabled or injured employees
- Policy changes based on your case’s decision
- Training and retraining advances to ensure this violation does not continue
- Punitive damages
- Damages for emotional distress
- Attorney’s fees and costs
- Out-of-pocket expenses associated with your discrimination case
Retaliation and Wrongful Termination Statutes in California
Employees often believe that if they are not the one being targeted for discrimination their rights are not being violated. Nothing could be further from the truth. If there is discrimination in the workplace, it is hindering everyone’s ability to do their job properly.
Even if you are not personally being discriminated against, its existence in the workplace is still a violation, and according to the Division of Labor Standards Enforcement:
- You have the right to explain your rights to your employer
- You have the right to complain or file a claim with the State of California if you believe your rights are being violated
- It is illegal for your employer to punish, retaliate against, or fire you for taking these legally possessed actions
Immigration Status Does Not Allow for Employee Abuse or Intimidation
Even if you are not a legal resident in the United States, but are working part- or full-time during your time here, California’s Labor Laws protect you, too.
- If you report a workplace violation, the subject of your immigration status is not a factor in the account taken by the state agency
- It is unlawful for your employer to threaten you because of your immigration status
Call Our Employment Law Attorney in Brea, CA Now for a Free Consultation
At Eldessouky Law, our employment law attorney in Brea, CA wants to protect all our residents from employer discrimination and unlawful treatment. If you feel you are being mistreated in any capacity by an employer, whether it was in the hiring stage through the termination stage, call us now at (714) 598-2390 for a free consultation. We can help you understand the laws that personally affect you, and how they have been violated. Our unmatched approach to pursuing financial settlements and equality in the workplace is driven by success and the understanding that justice is blind. Call us today to schedule a no-obligation consultation to discuss your case.
Directions: (via CA-57 S and CA-91 W) to Eldessouky Law, Employment and Labor Law Firm, 335 N Brookhurst Street Suite E, Anaheim, CA 92801, USA from Brea, CA
- Get on CA-57 S in Fullerton from CA-90 E
- Head north on S Brea Blvd toward CA-90 W
- Turn right onto E Birch St
- Turn right onto S Flower Ave
- Turn left onto CA-90 E
- Use the right lane to merge onto CA-57 S via the ramp to Santa Ana
- Follow CA-57 S and CA-91 W/Riverside Fwy to Brookhurst St. Take exit 26 from CA-91 W/Riverside Fwy
- Merge onto CA-57 S
- Use the right 2 lanes to take exit 5B to merge onto CA-91 W/Riverside Fwy toward Los Angeles
- Take exit 26 for Brookhurst St
- Use the left 2 lanes to turn left onto Brookhurst St. Destination will be on the right
Call us today (714) 409-8991
We are located at:
335 N Brookhurst Street Suite E, Anaheim, CA 92801, United States