Car Accidents v. Truck Accidents in Long Beach, California
For most people, driving next to a large semi-truck with a 50’ trailer attached is cause for anxiety. We completely understand. Witnessing a truck accident in person or seeing the media coverage of the aftermath only enforces the reality that these trucks cause unimaginable damage during a collision. These trucks are unlike any other passenger vehicles on our roads. And pursuing a lawsuit against the driver, trucking company, or manufacturer is unlike any standard car accident case. It requires an experienced truck accident attorney in Long Beach, California to ensure success.
Determining Who Is Responsible for a Truck Accident in Long Beach
At Eldessouky Law, our truck accident attorney in Long Beach has represented clients from all walks of life – each of whom deserves the best legal guidance available to recover fully from their collision with a semi-truck.
The difficulty in truck accident cases lies in the details of the crash, and where the negligence began. Ultimately, we must answer, “Who was responsible for this truck accident?”
The answer could be:
- The truck driver, negligently operating the vehicle
- The trucking company, negligently hiring drivers who are underqualified or untrained
- The manufacturing company, negligently allowing the vehicle to travel unsafely
- The maintenance company, negligently cutting corners during upkeep
And while these are short answers to a complicated process of proving negligence, they will exist within one of these categories, or as a combination of many. The only way to determine who is fully at fault is to investigate the accident from beginning to end.
In doing so, our attorney will:
- Investigate the accident from each angle, partnering with accident reconstruction experts
- Evaluate the evidence from the scene, including the truck itself before any changes can be made by the owner, operator, or maintenance crew
- Review the truck’s maintenance records, and manufacturing warnings – where applicable
- Assess the driver’s state at the time of the accident, and driving and employment records
- Analyze the driver’s hours of service log, freight weights and records, and pick-up/delivery schedules
- Examine the trucking company’s hiring, training, and employment practices
Are All Attorneys Equipped to Take on a Trucking Company?
Legal practices are like physician practices in that you would not want a dermatologist assessing a brain injury, and the same is true in law – you do not want a personal injury attorney who has zero experience with truck accidents, mediation, settlements or jury verdicts to guide you through your important case.
The knowledge, experience, and investigative tools an attorney needs for a truck accident case is very specific, and your success in the courtroom will hinge on their legal ability to prove negligence. If you or a loved one has been injured in a truck accident in Long Beach, California, contact our accomplished truck accident attorney at Eldessouky Law today at (714) 923-4350 to schedule a free consultation. Our law office has recovered millions of dollars for our clients, and we can pursue a winning case on your behalf, too.